Sunday, November 14, 2010

A taste of freedom

This weekend has been interesting to say the least. Some really fun times and a few great stories. On Friday, I had to go to Baltimore to count wood products for work. I decided it would be easier to take the train versus trying to drive. Let me tell you, I am so glad I made that decision. Baltimore is slummy as hell! I would have freaked out had I driven into town having no idea where to go. I got back to DC around 6:30 on Friday and immediately headed to my end of busy season party at Bar Dupont. I had only eaten two slices of pizza that day for lunch, so naturally, my few glasses of wine hit me pretty hard. My buddy Sid came and met up with me at the bar and we proceeded to head to Chinatown to meet up with a few other people. After being at the bar for a little while, I excused myself to go to the bathroom. When I had not returned after a little while, Sid sent another girl into the bathroom to find me. He ended up coming into the bathroom with her, and somehow got into the stall I was in. Apparently I was hunched over and passed out. Sid tapped me on the shoulder to ask if I was okay, at which point, I apparently looked at him and said, "God Sid, can't you just let me pee?!!?" Once he realized I was indeed peeing and my pants were around my knees, he bolted out of the bathroom....poor poor Sid.

The next morning, I woke up and headed back to Alexandria to get my emissions tested. I hadn't been home yet, so I still looked like hell from the night before. I was at the auto place and sitting on the curb while they worked on my car. Then, a guy came up to me, handed me a stool, and said, "Umm honey, maybe you should sit on this, you don't want to show your goods off to everybody"... I died laughing. I mean, I clearly looked like a train wreck anyway, I am just elated everyone else took noticed.

After completing my errands I went back to DC to meet up with my friends for our drinking marathon. We were at the Front Page drinking and having a good time. I decided to go to the bathroom (I was still sober at the time) and completely fell down the flight of stairs leading to the bathroom. Unfortunately, no one was around to witness the nice little tumble I took. After recovering, we all hung out at the Front Page for a while longer and then headed to Dirty Martini, a new bar that just opened up in Dupont. They had some DELICIOUS drinks. Everyone kept their cool throughout the night and just had a great time.

I feel very lucky to have stumbled into the group of friends I have found in DC. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming, super nice and have fantastic senses of humor. I could have not asked for a better set of friends! I am looking forward to the many other shenanigans we will undoubtedly experience over the next two months before I return to Boise!

No comments:

Post a Comment